Carol Salloway is an Executive Coach and founder of Performa Consulting Group.
She is known for her warm, insightful and direct approach which enables her clients to get clear on what they want, what gets in their way and what they can do to enhance their leadership brand, their influence and produce impressive results.
With over 20 years of leadership development experience, Carol has deeply honed her coaching expertise. Her previous line management and extensive management consulting background enables Carol to bring a deep understanding of organizational and business dynamics to her coaching work.
Carol has coached hundreds of leaders – smart, high performing individuals who are interested in continuing their leadership growth. Her clients are in knowledge-based industries – life sciences, health care, technology, higher education, professional services and not-for-profit organizations.
Carol is certified to use the best-in-class leadership assessment instruments, including various leadership 360 feedback, emotional intelligence, and personality instruments.
Her deep toolkit enables her clients to discover their underlying motivations, beliefs and patterns that go unnoticed, yet have an impact on the choices they see. She makes the “invisible” drivers – visible, thereby expanding their range of options and behaviors. Her coaching includes the most cutting edge thinking in neuroscience, emotional intelligence and executive presence.
Carol serves as a Master Coach Supervisor in the Graduate College of Executive Coaching at William James College. She also serves as an Executive Coach in various executive education programs at Harvard Business School and other major institutions.
Carol is committed to giving back to people who are doing important service work in the world. She currently serves as an Executive Coach in the Gratitude Network, which awards support to cutting-edge social entrepreneurs who are solving our greatest problems for children and education.
Carol earned a BA in Psychology from Simmons College and an MBA with a concentration in Organizational Behavior from Boston University. She holds a Professional Coach Certification (PCC) from the International Coach Federation.
- Certified Executive Coach, trained by New Ventures West
- Leadership 360 assessments
- Benchmarks for Managers (Center for Creative Leadership)™
- Leadership Versatility Index 360 (LVI)
- Leadership Effectiveness Analysis 360 (LEA)™
- Leadership Circle Profile™
- Leadership Agility 360®
- Emotional intelligence instruments:
- EQ in Action (EQiA)
- Team Emotional Intelligence Assessment (TEI)
- Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-I 2.0)
- Emotional and Social Competence Inventory (ESCI)
- Other certifications:
- Hogan Leadership Assessments
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI)
- NeuroColor Personality Assessment
- The Results Accelerator Coaching Process™
- Building your Breakthrough Leadership Brand℠
- NVC Mediation
- SpeedReading People Leadership System®
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Emotional Intelligence for Success! Presented to the Boston Professional Chapter of the National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA Boston), Feb 2017.
- Emotional Intelligence: A Conversation and Practice, presented at The Gentlemen’s Retreat, November 2016
- Driving Your Career Forward, Mentors/Sponsors/Coaches. Presented to Association of Employment Professionals (AOEP), October 2016.
- Driving Your Career Forward, Mentors/Sponsors/Coaches. Presented to Women in the Enterprise of Science and Technology (WEST), June 2016.
- Challenging Conversations: Holding Important Conversations that Lead to Outstanding Results. Presented to the Junior League of Boston, Inc. (JL Boston), April 2016
- The Myth of Having It All, panelist, Massachusetts Women in Public Higher Education, Inc. (MWPHE), April 2016.
- Navigating Challenging Coaching Situations, panelist, William James College Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching, March 2016
- If Only I Had Said…Clear Leadership, A Powerful Model for Real Collaboration. Presented to the Boston Facilitators Roundtable (BFR), December 2015.
- Follow up Clear Leadership Practice Session for the BFR, March 2016. Both sessions co-led with Janet Britcher, Transformation Management.